NYS Division of Human Rights

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NYS Division of Human Rights

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:16 pm

Has anyone interned here before? I was just offered an internship position for my 1L summer. I would be handling complaints in employment discrimination and other forms of discrimination, compiling and analyzing facts for the client, sending out interrogatories, interviewing clients, and so on. Should I jump on this? I do have an interest working in public interest law. Thank you.

Anonymous User

Re: NYS Division of Human Rights

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:55 pm

I had an offer here, but ended up not taking it. I've heard great things about the internship and the staff are great. If you are dedicated to PI and you're interested in the kind of work the division is doing then go for it. Do you plan on doing OCI/working at a firm? If you're worried about how a firm will view this, they generally don't care what you do 1L summer. If you don't plan on doing a firm and you're strictly PI I think there is value in making sure you get the *best* position or a position at a top agency/PI place that does the kind of work you want. For example, I know ACLU (which rarely takes 1Ls...) is highly regarded.

Return to “Legal Employment”