Background check BEFORE interview? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Background check BEFORE interview?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:38 pm

Backstory: I am applying for a summer position that nobody in my school has ever gone for and provides a rather unique opportunity at a state-level government job. I am currently a 2L. The first time I contacted the person listed on the website said I was ahead of the game and would have to jump through some extra hoops both residing from and going to school out-of-state and in an entirely different region. Luckily, I'm able to commute to law school from home and have really no issue with traveling as I really don't care where I end up (hell, find me a job in North Dakota if that's what it takes).

After a couple of weeks of no further communication after sending in my application (resume, CL, forms), I called to follow-up and was told they were going to order my background check that day. I've yet to have an interview or any other formal contact of any kind beyond my phone calls/submitted application.

Has anyone ever dealt with something like this?

Return to “Legal Employment”