(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:44 am

Anyone have any intel on the whole prime-brokerage/securities finance-documentation world? There are very few positions for this and I wonder if it's because it's a contracting industry here in the States (still active in the UK because of more relaxed regs.) or because most broker-dealers and hedgefunds get serviced at boutique law firms.

Re: Prime-Brokerage

Postby SHANbangs » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:31 am

I can't speak to this, but I'm actually looking to find work in a related industry. I did ISDAs over the summer. It seems there is work in this field, but it is a JD-preferred position, and the work is pretty obscure to most people (since, technically, you are "operations" back/middle office of IBs). The biggest hurdle to entering is experience, but the need is indeed there, and I think, depending on who you ask, it is growing. I spoke to a few recruiting firms and they do place people on a contract basis. Pay is obviously nowhere close to big law, but the hours are quite good and on a per hour basis it's not bad. Moreover, the general tone I got was that their contract consultants usually get picked up by the banks they get placed in.

Return to “Legal Employment”