DOJ Honors 2014 EOIR-OCIJ Finalists Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: DOJ Honors 2014 EOIR-OCIJ Finalists

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:16 pm

Congrats to all!

For those who have accepted, what steps have you so far taken, and who have you heard from?

I was only given one form to fill out and then haven't heard anything else.

swspecial

New

Post by swspecial » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:37 pm

Have you guys gotten any reimbursement for your interview costs? I submitted my form well over a month ago and have not received any response.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:29 pm

I guess it is safe to say this is not happening for the rest of us. Anyone (who knows) feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Otherwise, Congrats on those who got something.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:39 am

From Deana Willis last Monday:
Greetings, all: EOIR OCIJ is closing in on its final hires for this year. There are currently only a handful of remaining unfilled vacancies, and offers are out for those with responses due over the next week. As you know, if someone declines, EOIR will move to the next candidate for that location. I know many of the finalists are increasingly anxious and wanted to provide as much information as possible. Good luck to all.
So at this point, I think that positions have been filled and the only remaining movement will be due to people declining offers (if any are still outstanding).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:17 pm

Hello all. I just got an offer on Tuesday (Pacific NW city, low on my list of ranked options). So there is still hope! From speaking with the current clerk in my offer city, it sounds like the lifting of the DOJ hiring freeze might have created a few more clerkship positions, but I don't know if that is true/how many.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:32 pm

I checked in with Deana and she said that she believes that one or two offers are still being filled, but that otherwise all offers were out. At this point, is anyone that received an offer comfortable saying their actual city? I'd just like to know if any of my top 5 have been successfully accepted - at this point I just need to cut the cord! So if anyone is comfortable saying, have the following cities been accepted: New York, Boston, Atlanta, DC

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I checked in with Deana and she said that she believes that one or two offers are still being filled, but that otherwise all offers were out. At this point, is anyone that received an offer comfortable saying their actual city? I'd just like to know if any of my top 5 have been successfully accepted - at this point I just need to cut the cord! So if anyone is comfortable saying, have the following cities been accepted: New York, Boston, Atlanta, DC
I can tell you that I think New York has been accepted, as it was higher up on my list than my offered location. By DC I assume you mean Arlington/Headquarters, which has also been accepted. Can't say for sure. And I don't have any info on Boston/Atlanta.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:50 pm

I can tell you that from my conversation with Celia after my offer that Fairfax, Atlanta, Charlotte, Denver, Salt Lake City were all definitely taken (and at least 5 or so more that were also higher on my list but I can't remember my ranking exactly).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:02 pm

Does anyone know if we're required to take a specific bar exam? I know that immigration law is federal and blah blah, but I'm worried that being an employee of the court may make a difference?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:37 pm

Anyone else still waiting on security info to go through? I was a fairly late acceptance (end of February), and I had all my security docs in in early April. I was asked to give my schedule for the drug test in early May, but it has just been radio silence since. i've had clearances for internships in school before, so i'm not actually concerned about it coming through fine, but as things get closer to starting, its getting more stressful for my fiance and I, who do not want him to give notice to his job/to start putting deposits down for move-related costs until I have the final word from the security office.

Anyone else have it take this long or still in the process?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else still waiting on security info to go through? I was a fairly late acceptance (end of February), and I had all my security docs in in early April. I was asked to give my schedule for the drug test in early May, but it has just been radio silence since. i've had clearances for internships in school before, so i'm not actually concerned about it coming through fine, but as things get closer to starting, its getting more stressful for my fiance and I, who do not want him to give notice to his job/to start putting deposits down for move-related costs until I have the final word from the security office.

Anyone else have it take this long or still in the process?
I was a mid-January acceptance; submitted background information in February; completed drug screen in April; and FBI investigator conducted field interviews in May. Haven't heard anything since then.

I share your anxiety about not having a definite answer with only two and a half months before we're supposed to start.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:30 pm

current JLC here. I wouldn't worry at all. I received my offer in December of my cycle, received forms in February and my FBI interviews didn't start until late July - a week before the bar exam. Everything went fine and I had the necessary security waiver before the September start date.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”