Hawaii legal market/ Big Island legal market Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
gopats

New

Hawaii legal market/ Big Island legal market

Post by gopats » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:20 pm

I am transferring to the University of Hawaii at manoa next semester to finish out my undergrad, Im thinking of attending law school at UH and pursuing a legal career in Hawaii more specifically on the big island because of the lower comparable price of living, but ive heard that its almost nearly impossible to get a job if your not native hawaiian or pacific islander or from Hawaii. Im originally form SoCal and Im pretty sure I would be considered a haole, Im half white and half hispanic. Dose anyone know if I would have a shot at a decent legal carrier on the big island.

Anonymous User

Re: Hawaii legal market/ Big Island legal market

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:28 pm

LOL. Look at the job #'s at U of Hawaii. Also, consider the fact that market pay sucks - I think it's like 85-90k but high COL for the 1% that gets these jobs. It's awesome to live on an island, but like my mother told me you can always get a vacation home if you get big law. You get big law by going to a top 14 school, and doing well.

Lord Randolph McDuff

Gold

Post by Lord Randolph McDuff » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:LOL. Look at the job #'s at U of Hawaii. Also, consider the fact that market pay sucks - I think it's like 85-90k but high COL for the 1% that gets these jobs. It's awesome to live on an island, but like my mother told me you can always get a vacation home if you get big law. You get big law by going to a top 14 school, and doing well.
Horrible advice that wasn't even asked for.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:49 pm

No posting in Legal Employment as an 0L (http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 3&t=189981), and no duplicate posts.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Legal Employment”