MPILCC (Midwest PI Fair)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

MPILCC (Midwest PI Fair)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:13 am

Just looked at the employer list and I am really disappointed. Does anyone have any experience in going to this fair? I am 1L so I have never been to a career fair like this before. Is it worth the cost for the experience? It wouldn't cost a plane ticket (and could be a fun excuse to go to Chicago with friends) but I would still need to pay for gas/tolls/hotel.

Anonymous User

Re: MPILCC (Midwest PI Fair)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:Just looked at the employer list and I am really disappointed. Does anyone have any experience in going to this fair? I am 1L so I have never been to a career fair like this before. Is it worth the cost for the experience? It wouldn't cost a plane ticket (and could be a fun excuse to go to Chicago with friends) but I would still need to pay for gas/tolls/hotel.

I went last year and ended up getting my 1L summer jerb from there, which in helped land me my 2L position at EJW. the way i did it was I threw my bids in, and if I got over 5 or more interviews, i went.

the table talk isnt as helpful as the EJW fair.

Anonymous User

Re: MPILCC (Midwest PI Fair)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just looked at the employer list and I am really disappointed. Does anyone have any experience in going to this fair? I am 1L so I have never been to a career fair like this before. Is it worth the cost for the experience? It wouldn't cost a plane ticket (and could be a fun excuse to go to Chicago with friends) but I would still need to pay for gas/tolls/hotel.

Most (if not all) of the jobs are unpaid. Really not worth it.

Return to “Legal Employment”