Breaking Into the SF Market

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Breaking Into the SF Market

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:13 am

I recently got offered an attorney position at a midsize plaintiffs firm in LA. I'm not sure that I want to stay in the area though, and I'd very much like to make a transition to SF. Does anyone have any input on how difficult the legal market is there and/or advice on how to break into it?

daryldixon

Re: Breaking Into the SF Market

Postby daryldixon » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:27 am

DildaMan wrote:http://www.law.northwestern.edu/career/jobsearch/documents/northern_california_legal_market.pdf

LOL I wouldn't take advice from a power point that lists Howrey and Heller Ehrman as elite firms. Both of them failed several years ago.

echooo23

Postby echooo23 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:26 pm

DildaMan wrote:http://www.law.northwestern.edu/career/jobsearch/documents/northern_california_legal_market.pdf

LOL to "Gunners apply here!"

hiima3L

Postby hiima3L » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:32 pm

The market is horrible. It was arguably the hardest hit the recession.

In terms of breaking in, almost no one is from SF, and everyone will understand you wanting to move there. It's a great city and most everyone loves living there.

If you can get a job in LA, you can (theoretically) get one in SF. Nothing should hold you back aside from the market.

Return to “Legal Employment”