Heard Back For 1L SA Position

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:11 pm

Ding from Gibson Dunn NYC. Top half, CCN.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:13 pm

Anyone who did a Cooley callback? Any idea how many callbacks / how many offers they're doing?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:42 pm

Dinged from Wilson Sonsini SV

Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:04 pm

Snail mail ding from Weil NY. Letter includes an invite to do a pre-OCI interview at the office this summer - anyone know if this is something they do for all 1Ls who did CBs?

User avatar
kingjones59
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:28 pm

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby kingjones59 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:30 pm

CB V100 Washington, D.C. office. Non-diversity, top 25% t10

I can't help but feel like I am playing russian roulette with these though- if no offer, whats the alternative being so late in the game? An RA position?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Snail mail ding from Weil NY. Letter includes an invite to do a pre-OCI interview at the office this summer - anyone know if this is something they do for all 1Ls who did CBs?


Not sure about Weil, but Kilpatrick Townsend NY invited me for lunch or an office visit this summer. I'm not sure if that's standard for them either.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Snail mail ding from Weil NY. Letter includes an invite to do a pre-OCI interview at the office this summer - anyone know if this is something they do for all 1Ls who did CBs?


Not sure about Weil, but Kilpatrick Townsend NY invited me for lunch or an office visit this summer. I'm not sure if that's standard for them either.


No. I got the snail mail ding from Weil NY today as well, and despite doing a CB that I had every reason to believe went very well, I just got the form letter basically saying "thanks, but try again for 2L summer", with no offer to do a pre-OCI interview. I'm pretty pissed, to say the least.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Snail mail ding from Weil NY. Letter includes an invite to do a pre-OCI interview at the office this summer - anyone know if this is something they do for all 1Ls who did CBs?


Not sure about Weil, but Kilpatrick Townsend NY invited me for lunch or an office visit this summer. I'm not sure if that's standard for them either.


No. I got the snail mail ding from Weil NY today as well, and despite doing a CB that I had every reason to believe went very well, I just got the form letter basically saying "thanks, but try again for 2L summer", with no offer to do a pre-OCI interview. I'm pretty pissed, to say the least.


First Anon here. Thank you for the info, and very sorry to hear that. Best of luck brother.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:04 am

Anyone else have any experience with offer letters not having any mention of money in them? V10 firms, so I kind of expected a little more detail... no real worry about not getting paid market if NALP says 3100, yeah?

User avatar
Old Gregg
Posts: 5413
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Old Gregg » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else have any experience with offer letters not having any mention of money in them? V10 firms, so I kind of expected a little more detail... no real worry about not getting paid market if NALP says 3100, yeah?


Nah, very strong likelihood they'll pay below market this summer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:52 pm

Dinged at Alston & Bird ATL

Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:04 pm

Dinged at McKenna ATL

Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:32 pm

Anon who posted K&L earlier. Accepted today. Was given at offer at McKenna this week as well (not in ATL) but will be turning it down obviously.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anon who posted K&L earlier. Accepted today. Was given at offer at McKenna this week as well (not in ATL) but will be turning it down obviously.


Which K&L office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Snail mail ding from Weil NY. Letter includes an invite to do a pre-OCI interview at the office this summer - anyone know if this is something they do for all 1Ls who did CBs?


Had the same offer for Weil in Boston; Jones Day from Cleveland and Chicago
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have any success/call backs for in house at big corporations or financial institutions? What is the going rate for in house SA positions?

I know a 1L w an offer from credit suisse. dont know the going rate but less than big law sa


Interview with QuickenLoans, Verizon, HermanMiller - still waiting on a bunch of others though. Ding from HM so far.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:30 pm

Shook Hardy Bacon Callback.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Snail mail ding from Weil NY. Letter includes an invite to do a pre-OCI interview at the office this summer - anyone know if this is something they do for all 1Ls who did CBs?


I got a rejection letter from a firm in a secondary market that I had a screener with on-campus that included a pre-OGI CB this summer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Shook Hardy Bacon Callback.


Which office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:42 pm

Latham & Watkins Finance project group? anyone apply and/or hear back?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Shook Hardy Bacon Callback.


Which office?

KCMO

Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Shook Hardy Bacon Callback.


Which office?

KCMO


Yea, I didn't interview for it, but know a few people who got callbacks from WashU OCI

Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Shook Hardy Bacon Callback.


Which office?

KCMO


Yea, I didn't interview for it, but know a few people who got callbacks from WashU OCI

Do you have any information on Callback -> Offer rate for 1L SA positions at Shook?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Do you have any information on Callback -> Offer rate for 1L SA positions at Shook?



Not really, but I don't know many people at all and know three (I think) people who got a call back. I had heard a big StL firm gave 20-30 callbacks for 2 slots. It seems offer rates, at least in the Midwest are low.

Shit is rough.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273316
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Do you have any information on Callback -> Offer rate for 1L SA positions at Shook?



Not really, but I don't know many people at all and know three (I think) people who got a call back. I had heard a big StL firm gave 20-30 callbacks for 2 slots. It seems offer rates, at least in the Midwest are low.

Shit is rough.


Pretty consistent for the region. I had heard from recruiting staff at a major KC firm that the projected number of 1L SAs for the entire city (among the major players) was something like 12.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.