Heard Back For 1L SA Position

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone ever hear anything from SW in Miami?


Nothing on my end


They're still interviewing.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:07 am

Does anyone see anything problematic with going V50 1L SA -> V10 2L SA? If the grades, resume & school is right for V10 at OCI, would the V50 look weird or just serve as any other summer WE? Im thinking "no," but Im not sure - I know there's definitely a stigma when trying to go up significantly in vault as an actual associate.

User avatar
bearsfan23
Posts: 1525
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:19 pm

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby bearsfan23 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone see anything problematic with going V50 1L SA -> V10 2L SA? If the grades, resume & school is right for V10 at OCI, would the V50 look weird or just serve as any other summer WE? Im thinking "no," but Im not sure - I know there's definitely a stigma when trying to go up significantly in vault as an actual associate.


That's absolutely problematic. A V50 1L SA pretty much disqualifies you from any chance at a V10 2L SA. The stigma attached to a V50 1L SA is very strong and you will never be able to shake it.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:48 am

bearsfan23 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone see anything problematic with going V50 1L SA -> V10 2L SA? If the grades, resume & school is right for V10 at OCI, would the V50 look weird or just serve as any other summer WE? Im thinking "no," but Im not sure - I know there's definitely a stigma when trying to go up significantly in vault as an actual associate.


That's absolutely problematic. A V50 1L SA pretty much disqualifies you from any chance at a V10 2L SA. The stigma attached to a V50 1L SA is very strong and you will never be able to shake it.

I'm not sure if you were trying to make a humblebrag or if your just a huge dbag. Either way congrats dude


What would be the point in humblebragging as anon?

It's a douche question to ask your friends or employers, but this is a thread about 1L SA's. It's TLS. People say much worse shit, just trying to be 100% sure. Anyway, thanks for your response.

User avatar
Old Gregg
Posts: 5413
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Old Gregg » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:52 am

I know there's definitely a stigma when trying to go up significantly in vault as an actual associate.


You don't know that, because that's completely false. You just think that.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:any news on arent fox?

Silence for me

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:any news on arent fox?

Silence for me


News on interviews or news on offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:any news on arent fox?

Silence for me


News on interviews or news on offers?

Arent Fox NY had interviews. Nothing on DC yet. It's always DC that lags behind.

Also, Hogan Lovells ding.

can we get an excel sheet or something going with ding/interview/offer dates just to gather information?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:08 pm

Interviewing with Hogan Lovells (DC) this week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Interviewing with Hogan Lovells (DC) this week.

Jelly~

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Interviewing with Hogan Lovells (DC) this week.


Did you do a screener on campus? if so, when? Thanks!

User avatar
mohanster
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby mohanster » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:20 pm

Anyone heard back for Mofo two summer patent program?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Silence for me


News on interviews or news on offers?

Arent Fox NY had interviews. Nothing on DC yet. It's always DC that lags behind.

Also, Hogan Lovells ding.

can we get an excel sheet or something going with ding/interview/offer dates just to gather information?


Arent Fox is interviewing throughout the rest of the week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Arent Fox NY had interviews. Nothing on DC yet. It's always DC that lags behind.

Also, Hogan Lovells ding.

can we get an excel sheet or something going with ding/interview/offer dates just to gather information?


any idea how many people they're interviewing for NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Interviewing with Hogan Lovells (DC) this week.


Did you do a screener on campus? if so, when? Thanks!


Sorry, what I meant was that I have a screener on campus with Hogan. (Assumedly a screener; it's a first interview).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:12 pm

Offer from K&L Gates. Interview invite for Bracewell Giuliani.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offer from K&L Gates. Interview invite for Bracewell Giuliani.


Congrats!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offer from K&L Gates. Interview invite for Bracewell Giuliani.


Congrats! Do you mind sharing school/grade range?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Offer from K&L Gates. Interview invite for Bracewell Giuliani.


Congrats! Do you mind sharing school/grade range?

Thanks folks!

I'm CCNMVP, top half, diverse, WE

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:20 pm

Ding from Hogan Lovells DC. Applied late in the process, late-Janurary but had a 3.7 (top 5-7% at Top 50). Guess that's not good enough or applied too late.

Also got a Ding from Venable in DC. Said they aren't hiring 1L's this summer.

Waiting on more DC dings!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:any movement in chicago?



Still waiting to hear from Jones Day - nothing since sending in everything.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:48 pm

For those who got callbacks, how long was the screener-> callback time, and what market was it?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:05 pm

Ding from Jones Day Cleveland. They said they decided not to hire any 1Ls at that office.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:any movement in chicago?



Still waiting to hear from Jones Day - nothing since sending in everything.

can't remember which office of theirs I got dinged from. it was either from Houston or Chi.

yw for being so helpful

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back For 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offer from K&L Gates. Interview invite for Bracewell Giuliani.

Congrats, what office of K&L?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.