Follow Up after Callback

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Follow Up after Callback

Postby 90LawSchool » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:49 am

I had a callback about two and a half weeks ago. At the callback, I was not given a time frame as to when the firm would get back with me though they said the standard "keep in touch" and they will get back to me "fast."

Last week (Monday), I had an update to my application so I emailed that to the recruiter at the firm. However, she never responded to my email - which is understandable with Thanksgiving and all.

So I am wondering...what is a reasonable time-frame for me to contact again? Is it too soon for me to send a second email to the recruiter?

If not, what should I say beyond just telling her i'm checking in and still interested?

Re: Follow Up after Callback

Postby stillwater » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:51 am

tell em you're there to collect.

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:35 pm

I'd give it more time. They know you want your decision, but until they make one, they really have nothing to say to you.

Postby 2014 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:17 pm

To add on, while students rarely have leverage over a firm, you truly don't. They know you have no exploding offers on the table and really have no incentive to go at anything but their own pace. I would just be patient, keep your fingers crossed and keep applying to other things. Come up with an excuse to touch base with them in a couple of weeks.

Return to “Legal Employment”