No Motivation On Finals

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: No Motivation On Finals

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:37 pm

OP -- I was/am in the same place as you. Didn't care to clerk and think law school is a boring scam. Had a .15 or so drop in overall GPA 2L fall and didn't get no offered. Cared even less in 2L spring and had some more type-fast-and-win exams and beat median. So who the hell knows.

I worry that one day I might have less of a shot of BigFed down the road or whatever, but as it stands I can still squeeze at least two years out of V100 and then figure it out from there, right? Maybe the economy will collapse and only people with Coif will get jobs from now on.

But anyway I made a serious "I enjoy being a human being so I am not going to live 2L and 3L like I did 1L" decision the moment my first summer offer came in and I don't regret my life yet. I've dropped almost .3 from 1L fall to 3L fall. Law students will be law students and gun through the last exam. I honestly think that a lot of those people just don't know a lot about the legal industry and are just academic high achievers and the concept of higher grades not being self-evidently, inherently desirable is foreign to them.

But only you know what's best for you, and if you have a summer offer at a firm with a 100% rate then just chill and don't get Cs. Maybe you can drink and talk to friends or write a novel or learn to play chess.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:06 pm

Itt: people ignore cold offers

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:10 pm

i think everyone is lacking motivation for finals, not just people with SA positions locked up. For instance, I was on the other end of the spectrum- I was all depressed that I struck out at OCI and was having trouble motivating myself. I just landed a mid law SA position that I'm pretty excited about and my feelings towards work haven't changed. I think its just a 2L burnout thing.

Kind of a ramble but my point is if everything is curved and everyone is having trouble motivating it might not matter.

Postby 09042014 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Itt: people ignore cold offers

If you get no offered your ass is going to be for sale on the corner even of you have good grades.

Return to “Legal Employment”