Apps to Firms (w/r/t Dec. 1 Rule)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Apps to Firms (w/r/t Dec. 1 Rule)

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:52 am

Trying to decide if I should send in a bunch over the day on Dec. 1, or if it might be better to save them all and fire off together on Monday morning?

Given that Dec. 1 is a Sunday, if a million students all send emails to firms on Dec 1, would it maybe stand out arriving during mid-morning Monday? Or better to just be in their inbox early Sunday?

Obviously no hard and fast rule here just looking for input

kalvano

Re: Apps to Firms (w/r/t Dec. 1 Rule)

Postby kalvano » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:47 am

There are about 5 threads on this already. Check those out.

Super use of anon, too.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:39 am

All I see is two threads both about sending apps to judges, presumably by paper mail. I wouldn't really know because I don't plan on applying to judges. If there is a more relevant thread than those I apologize for missing it.

I read them and figured this question is distinct enough it would not be appropriate to threadjack their threads. Sorry if I offended you, but I (and I'm sure others) would still appreciate any input.

Postby 2014 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:14 am

I sent mine on Sunday, Dec 2nd last year and all firms managed to get them just fine despite what was surely a throng of emails waiting for them on Monday. I'm sure Monday is fine too if you don't get to it Sunday.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:25 pm

2014 wrote:I sent mine on Sunday, Dec 2nd last year and all firms managed to get them just fine despite what was surely a throng of emails waiting for them on Monday. I'm sure Monday is fine too if you don't get to it Sunday.

Thank you for the input

Return to “Legal Employment”