3L grades to lose offer

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Re: 3L grades to lose offer

Postby thesealocust » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:21 pm

Yeah, the point I was after is that current very high offer rates are mathematically incompatible with firms carefully scrutinizing 2L and 3L grades. Analysis might change if you have reason to believe your firm is more skiddish about offers generally or grades specifically, but especially if you weight for class size the average biglaw summer has a very near 100% chance of an offer, which makes the argument that you have to be concerned about grades silly.

Anonymous User

Re: 3L grades to lose offer

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:05 pm

Bumping but is this true? There are a number of things I know I got below median after only being below median once. A lot of people, especially k-jd seem to have worked almost equally hard because that's how they're used to doing it. I'm not lazy but if grades lose their impact on jobs, I lose 100% of the motivation to do anything other than learn.

Return to “Legal Employment”