Submit Extern app on friday or saturday? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Submit Extern app on friday or saturday?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:57 pm

When are you 1L's sending in your extern apps? (assuming you are applying in same market). The 1st is on sunday, so I was thinking on the 30th (saturday) so it would get there on the 2nd. (since courts are closed). But then I could send on friday, so it will get there saturday, and the courts also will be closed..BUT its before the 12/1 date. Is this worth risking?

Anonymous User

Re: Submit Extern app on friday or saturday?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:19 am

December 20th or so

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:48 am

I would send it so it gets there Monday. If this is email, this means sending it Sunday night or Monday morning. (I would probably suggest Monday morning at like 10:30 so they have already gone through the throng of weekend emails) If this is by snail mail, USPS is pretty accurate with when mail will get there, so if they say sending it Saturday will get it there Monday, I would trust them.

nomdeplumeify

New

Post by nomdeplumeify » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:56 pm

I think you're over thinking this. Just send it on Monday if you're that worried about the whole 12/1 date thing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”