Applying for 1L SA's

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TA923

Applying for 1L SA's

Postby TA923 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:50 pm

Yes, I know the odds are slim. Conventional wisdom says mass-mailing is the way to go. Most firms now ask that you submit all materials online. Do you ignore the website and mail everything in paper? TYIA.

Re: Applying for 1L SA's

Postby 2014 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:56 pm

They will almost certainly prefer you do it online and if they have an online application form and circumvent that they will just request you fill that out anyway. Do it by email unless you can't get an email address for some reason and even then call first and ask for one before snail mailing.

TA923

Postby TA923 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:59 pm

2014 wrote:They will almost certainly prefer you do it online and if they have an online application form and circumvent that they will just request you fill that out anyway. Do it by email unless you can't get an email address for some reason and even then call first and ask for one before snail mailing.

Just to make sure I've got it down:

1. Fill out online application.
2. If no online app, email.
3. Snail mail.

Right?

ph14

Postby ph14 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:08 am

TA923 wrote:
2014 wrote:They will almost certainly prefer you do it online and if they have an online application form and circumvent that they will just request you fill that out anyway. Do it by email unless you can't get an email address for some reason and even then call first and ask for one before snail mailing.

3. Snail mail.

Right?

Step 1: Follow directions.
Step 2: There is no step 2.

I applied for a bunch of email applications and i'm pretty sure I sent them all by email. You can find the recruiter's contact information through NALP. If they have an online application, apply through that. If not, apply through an email to the recruiter with your application materials.

TA923

Postby TA923 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:11 am

ph14 wrote:
TA923 wrote:

3. Snail mail.

Right?

Step 1: Follow directions.
Step 2: There is no step 2.

I applied for a bunch of email applications and i'm pretty sure I sent them all by email. You can find the recruiter's contact information through NALP. If they have an online application, apply through that. If not, apply through an email to the recruiter with your application materials.

Got it, thanks for the help.

Return to “Legal Employment”