I just wanted to say THANK YOU!

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

I just wanted to say THANK YOU!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:44 am

I wanted to drop a note saying thank you to all that have helped me with their kind words and advice.

Throughout most of Aug./Sept./Oct. I was super anxious and worried about getting 2L employment. And I basically bombarded the board with a ton of questions on what I should do.

I received a lot of kind words and advice, and I am happy to say I have found 2L employment with a mid-size firm :)

Thank you all!

thesealocust

Re: I just wanted to say THANK YOU!

Postby thesealocust » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:45 am

I always knew you could do it, anonymous user!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:22 am

Congratulations and proud of you!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:27 pm

Actually pretty appropriate that that it came from Anonymous User - I'm sure many of us have similar sentiments.

I wrote a similar note when TLS helped push me to a good LSAT score, and another after helping me through the application process and into a t6.

Interestingly, while I used to board some during OCI, I had a set of school friends who helped me through it this time. I think that's real success, right? That TLS launched us into a social, real world?

That said - there was a great and helpful thread for our school's OCI, and it was still a nice crutch and a nice place to get some dumb advice when I wanted anonymity.

So, for taking someone who was looking for some logic game help and PTing in the mid 160s and getting them into a v5, I thank you as well, TLS.

ExBiglawAssociate

Postby ExBiglawAssociate » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:16 pm

I'm convinced that half the battle of becoming "successful" is having someone who's done it before show you exactly how to do it. TLS is a great resource for understanding how to succeed in law school.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:06 pm

Not to get motivational. But TLS didn't get you a job or get you into a T-6: YOU DID. Sometimes I think people in law school are incredibly hard on themselves.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Not to get motivational. But TLS didn't get you a job or get you into a T-6: YOU DID. Sometimes I think people in law school are incredibly hard on themselves.

He/she did get the job sure, but anon user is just expressing thanks for the help received. Sometimes I think people in law school can be incredibly self-entitled :?

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:18 am

TLS is awesome.

hyakku

Postby hyakku » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:36 pm

Nice, congratulations man! I know the feeling; so many people up here provided candid advice and tips from my prelaw experience all the way up until this point that have helped me succeed. The best way to pay it back is to pay it forward and bequeath that knowledge to others. It's awesome seeing people do even better than I am by building off the knowledge I received here and could pass on. Thanks OP for reminding me to appreciate people more, and thanks in general to the TLS posters that make this a hugely valuable resource. I don't come up here often anymore, but this is a great reminder of how awesome this place can be.

Return to “Legal Employment”