Tips for Effectively Managing Doc Review Attorneys?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Tips for Effectively Managing Doc Review Attorneys?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:15 pm

Hey guys,

I'm an associate at a large firm and going to be managing a decent-sized (15-20) group of contract attorneys for a semi-substantial project. It starts next week and since this is my first time managing a large group of people (yes, I know this sounds pathetic), I am looking for tips from others who have been in my position (managing them) as well as those that have worked as document review attorneys. Any tips or best practices would be appreciated. For example, are there certain work-related things that doc reviewers tend to prefer, aside from housekeeping things like clean conditions, kitchen space, and ample bathrooms? Conversely, from those who have managed them, are there certain things that I need to look out for (e.g., people surfing the 'net the whole time and then just mass-coding a bunch of documents as non-responsive)? Like I said, this is my first real time managing, and I just want to make sure everything goes smoothly. Any tips are sincerely appreciated.

Re: Tips for Effectively Managing Doc Review Attorneys?

Postby micwrecka45 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:32 pm

Is this some awesome ruse to get areyouinsane to regale us with more of his stories?

Re: Tips for Effectively Managing Doc Review Attorneys?

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:49 pm

Not talking about them like they're some sort of prison inmates or quarantined mental defectives is probably a good start. "clean conditions, kitchen space, and ample bathrooms," seriously?

How would you manage a bunch of regular associates like yourself assigned to do doc review? I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the same techniques that work on you would work on the contract attorneys.

Return to “Legal Employment”