Exit options in product liability (defense)?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Exit options in product liability (defense)?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:07 am

I was offered a position by a big law on the condition that I join their product liability group (defense for auto, pharm. companies). I want to know how the exit opportunities are for working in this practice field.

Thanks.

anon168

Re: Exit options in product liability (defense)?

Postby anon168 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I was offered a position by a big law on the condition that I join their product liability group (defense for auto, pharm. companies). I want to know how the exit opportunities are for working in this practice field.

Thanks.

Surprisingly, this is one of the few industries/areas that actually will look to hire in-house litigation counsel. So that's one exit opportunity if that's something you want.

hangtime813

Re: Exit options in product liability (defense)?

Postby hangtime813 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:39 pm

if you do products liability that is a specialty like asbestos or something, you might find yourself stuck in it. if u do go into prod liability, try to try your hand in all types so u can do any kind of prod liability if you leave (there is always products liability out there)

Return to “Legal Employment”