Student loan payments: Actual numbers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
JenDarby

Re: Student loan payments: Actual numbers

Postby JenDarby » Fri May 19, 2017 12:22 pm

bk1 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Even if I live in a state where FRB isn't at? I even cold called one of their bankers one day and they straight said no because of where I work and reside (TX)

If you're not in one of their areas, you're SOL as far as I know.

Yep, this is true. Not that you ever need to go to a branch to refi, but they want you to build a banking relationship so they require you're near: San Francisco, Palo Alto, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Newport Beach, San Diego, Portland (Oregon), Boston, Palm Beach (Florida), Greenwich or New York City.

I still think you could do better with commonbond or earnest though. Probably someone around here for referral bonuses for both of those (I know one for earnest).

Calvin Murphy

Postby Calvin Murphy » Fri May 19, 2017 8:14 pm

JenDarby wrote:
bk1 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Even if I live in a state where FRB isn't at? I even cold called one of their bankers one day and they straight said no because of where I work and reside (TX)

If you're not in one of their areas, you're SOL as far as I know.

Yep, this is true. Not that you ever need to go to a branch to refi, but they want you to build a banking relationship so they require you're near: San Francisco, Palo Alto, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Newport Beach, San Diego, Portland (Oregon), Boston, Palm Beach (Florida), Greenwich or New York City.

I still think you could do better with commonbond or earnest though. Probably someone around here for referral bonuses for both of those (I know one for earnest).

I refinanced a portion fixed with Earnest and a portion variable with CommonBond. I like Earnest's user interface better, and they offered the lowest fixed rate among the companies I looked at. CB was lower variable for me when compared to SoFi and DRB.

Mlk&Ckies

Postby Mlk&Ckies » Fri May 19, 2017 8:55 pm

Wait is there another palm beach?

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Fri May 19, 2017 9:21 pm

Mlk&Ckies wrote:Wait is there another palm beach?

lol I copied that from the FRB website

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:27 pm

JenDarby wrote:
Mlk&Ckies wrote:Wait is there another palm beach?

lol I copied that from the FRB website

There's no way this place is appropriately named.

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Fri May 19, 2017 11:36 pm

I ended up getting a good rate at DRB if you want a referral

Return to “Legal Employment”