Denver Firms - Pay, Culture, Assigning, etc.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Denver Firms - Pay, Culture, Assigning, etc.

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:03 pm

I am a junior associate (YHS JD with honors) working at a V10 in NYC, and I am dying to move back to Colorado, where I was born and raised.

I've been unable to find current info on the full associate salary scale, bonuses, etc. for all of the big/midlaw Denver firms. I'm also trying to find out more about QOL, hours (expectation vs avg worked), culture, assigning systems, morale, current market outlook, flexibility of practice group assigning, etc. There is VERY little info out there -- NALP is patchy at best, and the firm websites are pretty useless.

I'm less interested in the branch offices of the coastal firms, though I'd be interested to hear comparisons if anyone has insights.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has actually worked or summered at any of the Denver firms and would be willing to share their experiences. Also, any general tips re: lateraling to Denver from NYC would be welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous User

Re: Denver Firms - Pay, Culture, Assigning, etc.

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:27 pm

Bump. Seriously, no one has anything to say about Denver?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:25 am

Also relevant to my interests.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:46 am

Similar position and spoke to a recruiter couple months ago. They said most biglaw-esque places pay for a third year associate would be in the $150k-$170k range, no lockstep, and significantly lower bonuses. They said Hogan Lovells paid NYC market (can't remember about bonuses).

They said demand was generally higher for corp rather than lit. Just from my own glancing around it seems like high demand for comp sci/EE majors also.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Similar position and spoke to a recruiter couple months ago. They said most biglaw-esque places pay for a third year associate would be in the $150k-$170k range, no lockstep, and significantly lower bonuses. They said Hogan Lovells paid NYC market (can't remember about bonuses).

They said demand was generally higher for corp rather than lit. Just from my own glancing around it seems like high demand for comp sci/EE majors also.

H&H's been posting a bunch of EE related law jobs for lawyers with 3-5 yrs experience.

CU will allow anyone to look at their symplicity for 6 months if you pay $60: http://www.colorado.edu/law/careers/stu ... eciprocity

Right now, Holland & Hart, Davis Graham & Stubbs, and Brownstein have lateral openings posted.

legalese_retard

Postby legalese_retard » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Bump. Seriously, no one has anything to say about Denver?

For basic info you should check out the free salary guide for lawyers on Robert Half. They have some generic info on salary divided by region. http://www.roberthalf.com/salary-guides

You should contact a recruiter in the Denver market. You don't have to commit to using them, but you can ask them your questions about the Denver legal market. They will give you better info on the firms as well as where someone with your stats should be applying to.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:40 pm

legalese_retard wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Bump. Seriously, no one has anything to say about Denver?

For basic info you should check out the free salary guide for lawyers on Robert Half. They have some generic info on salary divided by region. http://www.roberthalf.com/salary-guides

You should contact a recruiter in the Denver market. You don't have to commit to using them, but you can ask them your questions about the Denver legal market. They will give you better info on the firms as well as where someone with your stats should be applying to.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread -- but does anyone have any recommendations for Denver recruiters, preferably someone who is willing to answer Qs and who won't contact my current firm and reveal my inquiries?

Return to “Legal Employment”