What is the Twin Cities Market like for 3Ls?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

What is the Twin Cities Market like for 3Ls?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:05 pm

Hi all,

2L here. Struck out during 2L OCI.

But I am thinking about trying again for 3L OCI. From what I understand, the 3L market is terrible. So I'm not banking on anything.

Though I am curious as to what the 3L market is like in the Twin Cities area. I vaguely remember speaking to an upcoming 3L--who did not summer at the firm he'd be joining--and he received a full-time associate position with that firm.

Re: What is the Twin Cities Market like for 3Ls?

Postby jbiresq » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:14 pm

It's a bit of an irrelevant question because opportunities fluctuate a lot year to year. What it's like this year will not be what it's like next year. Also, save for a couple V10s, 3L recruiting is basically all practice specific.

Re: What is the Twin Cities Market like for 3Ls?

Postby jbagelboy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:30 pm

My 3L friends at UMN are struggling. Then again, I've heard a lot of people get jobs during their 2L/3L year there (Relative to T14's) and the 2L OCI isn't quite as conclusive/exhaustive. Keep hustlin

Return to “Legal Employment”