Legal Recruiting

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Legal Recruiting

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:11 am

So I realize that being a legal recruiter is certainly on the alternative path for JDs (and often doesn't even require a JD), but it is something that I am genuinely interested in doing. I know the prestige, salary, etc. isn't nearly the same as being an associate, but if law school has taught me anything, it's that I want to do something I don't hate. I have quite a bit of experience in event planning, from social to professional events, and organization is what I do. I'd really appreciate advice or anecdotes from anyone who either has worked in the legal recruiting department of a firm, or is familiar with how the department hires and operates.

hichvichwoh

Re: Legal Recruiting

Postby hichvichwoh » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:01 am

How attractive are you? Send pics for most helpful response

Hutz_and_Goodman

Postby Hutz_and_Goodman » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:20 am

If you are a hot woman (8-10/10) with very good to great personality, yes it's possible.

NinerFan

Postby NinerFan » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:30 am

If you're interested in working in a firm's recruiting department, you may as well save yourself money and time and drop out now. You own't need the JD. Most recruiters I've seen are simply young women with bachelor's degrees, fresh out or not long removed from college, who work at a firm for a little while until finding something better. It's rare to see someone stick in the position for a long period of time.

Males need not apply.

Return to “Legal Employment”