Internship during 2L/3L (SA already secured)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
redsox550

Internship during 2L/3L (SA already secured)

Postby redsox550 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:04 pm

So right now I am lucky enough to have a SA at a nyc biglaw firm and trying to decide if I should do a spring internship or plan on doing one for my 3L year.

Reasons why I may do one.

1. Money - how much would you guys have to get paid to spend your last years before biglaw sink, working? Through a past colleague I think I can get something that pays around 25$ an hour (though in a field I'm not soo interested in, even though its a cool field)

2. Experience - I foresee a possibility that after a few years ill want to bounce out of biglaw and want to know if I ever wanted to end up somewhere kind of different (think anything from intelligence to private criminal defense) that an internship/contacts will help me at all 5 years from now

3. To find out if I like something else - then again will working as an intern even tell me that?

thoughts

Hipster but Athletic

Re: Internship during 2L/3L (SA already secured)

Postby Hipster but Athletic » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:06 pm

Do it. I do it. I learn a lot about a field I'll never do directly, and I make money

Return to “Legal Employment”