can I email instead of regular mail?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

can I email instead of regular mail?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:48 pm

I spoke to the receptionist guy at a smaller firm. I basically just asked if they take 2Ls. He said to mail my application to this guy - a partner/principle at the firm. I asked if I should email or regular mail, he said regular mail. The partner has his email address on the website.. can I just email him anyway? That's what most law firms do, and the receptionist may not know....is it a big deal? Or should I actually go get a manilla envelope and regular mail.?

Br3v

Re: can I email instead of regular mail?

Postby Br3v » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I spoke to the receptionist guy at a smaller firm. I basically just asked if they take 2Ls. He said to mail my application to this guy - a partner/principle at the firm. I asked if I should email or regular mail, he said regular mail. The partner has his email address on the website.. can I just email him anyway? That's what most law firms do, and the receptionist may not know....is it a big deal? Or should I actually go get a manilla envelope and regular mail.?

Yes, I would listen to the explicit directions from the person who may be able to hire you. Buy some forever stamps.

Return to “Legal Employment”