Spring Internship - Lobbying?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Spring Internship - Lobbying?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:33 pm

Don't want to talk about this summer, pretty sure I'll be joining the Vale of Tears next year. However, I'm interested in interning this spring. In a DC law school, so the location is prime. But honestly, I don't know where to begin. A family friend suggested that I look into it (after kindly telling me all the summer positions were filled for her firm). Does anyone have any experience/advice in starting this search? Googling is really only getting me so far. I'm setting up a meeting with my career counselor, but I figured the TLS boards may be able to give me some advice.

Ideally, I'd like to intern for an investment lobby group, but I'd also be interested in industry and trade. I know each state has lobby groups, and working for my home state would be great. If anyone has any prior experience or advice, post here...

Return to “Legal Employment”