Hear back after background check

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Hear back after background check

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:30 pm

So I got a job offer and accepted a month or so back. Two weeks later, the firm requested all of my info for a background check. I am just wondering if a firm will contact me again to let me know if I passed the check, or if I should just assume I passed unless I don't hear back. I don't really have anything to worry about on the background check (no arrests, no lies on resume). I guess I am just being a stereotypical over-worrying law student. Thanks for any feedback on the topic.

Anonymous User

Re: Hear back after background check

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:37 pm

What is the check consisting of? Criminal, Credit, Employment, etc?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What is the check consisting of? Criminal, Credit, Employment, etc?

Yeah, it includes all those things. Standard check. I have nothing to worry about in terms of any of those things, just wondering more about the mechanics.

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:18 pm

if you hear something then be concerned; otherwise I would not worry too much about it.

thegrayman

Postby thegrayman » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:14 pm

You won't hear back if you passed since the default presumption is that you will pass.

Don't worry about it, the firm has decided that they want to bring you on board for the summer. It would have to be something pretty outrageous to warrant even bothering you about, much less deciding against letting you summer there.

That said, I stressed out just the same before my SA :lol:

guano

Postby guano » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:18 pm

After m background check they said I must be high to think they'd ever hire me - which is a reasonable assumption considering the results of my background check

disclaimer: obviously this post is in heat. I neither admit nor deny ever having done anything of any concern to anyone

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:35 pm

why do some firms only do credit checks, criminal, SSN etc. but not employment? Nor ask for references? Is it assumed that SA barely have employment history to begin with? Or moreso that they leave that sort of thing to the bar during admission process?

Return to “Legal Employment”