Contact a firm for reimbursement?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
90LawSchool

Contact a firm for reimbursement?

Postby 90LawSchool » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:06 pm

I did a few callbacks out of town a month ago and sent my NALP form to the host firm within a couple days of the end of my trip. I still have not received any reimbursement from the firm (this is the only trip that I have not received my check back from).

I feel awkward contacting the firm to follow-up as my host firm ended up not offering me. So I want to make sure I'm not jumping the gun on this: should I follow-up with them now that I have not received my reimbursement check?

iplulzer

Re: Contact a firm for reimbursement?

Postby iplulzer » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:20 pm

They didn't offer you. They are out of town. You have no relationship of any kind with them. You will probably never see these people again. They owe you money. What exactly is it you are afraid of?

90LawSchool

Postby 90LawSchool » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:24 pm

iplulzer wrote:They didn't offer you. They are out of town. You have no relationship of any kind with them. You will probably never see these people again. They owe you money. What exactly is it you are afraid of?

haha "afraid" may not be the right word. I figure I am a young soon-to-be attorney and may have to deal with them in the future. I do not want to come across as whiny like "Give me my money since you would not give me a job" and burn any such bridges. I'm just trying to be extra-careful as to not asking them too soon.

dixiecupdrinking

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:30 pm

90LawSchool wrote:
iplulzer wrote:They didn't offer you. They are out of town. You have no relationship of any kind with them. You will probably never see these people again. They owe you money. What exactly is it you are afraid of?

haha "afraid" may not be the right word. I figure I am a young soon-to-be attorney and may have to deal with them in the future. I do not want to come across as whiny like "Give me my money since you would not give me a job" and burn any such bridges. I'm just trying to be extra-careful as to not asking them too soon.

The people you'll deal with regarding the money aren't the people you'd interact with in a professional context. And anyway, you're making a reasonable inquiry here, so it doesn't sound like your reputation is going to suffer regardless.

Return to “Legal Employment”