Tampa Offers?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Tampa Offers?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:23 am

Curious to see if anyone has received offers or rejections -- specifically interested in:

Holland & Knight

Quarles & Brady

Greenberg Traurig

Foley & Lardner

Fowler White

But feel free to ask/answer re: offers from other Tampa firms.

Anonymous User

Re: Tampa Offers?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Curious to see if anyone has received offers or rejections -- specifically interested in:

Holland & Knight

Quarles & Brady

Greenberg Traurig

Foley & Lardner

Fowler White

But feel free to ask/answer re: offers from other Tampa firms.

Not sure if this helps, but I have mass mailed Tampa (out-of-state T25 student from Tampa) and got a ding from Q&B, radio silence everywhere else

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:29 am

ding from Q&B

That's something. Thanks

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:27 pm

FYI, I did not do my SA at any of these Tampa offices (did biglaw thing elsewhere), but will be starting full time at one next year.

GT Tampa is a tough one to break into. They had one summer last year who was a 1L and has an offer to come back. Because it is a 22 person office, there really isn't a need for more than one SA. In fact, the only Florida GT office that took more than one SA was Miami.

I'd stay away from Fowler. There were no offers, and word on the street is that they aren't doing so hot.

H&K has had numerous offer/acceptances.

I don't know much about Q&B, other than that it is small, has extended offers, and only takes one summer typically.

Have you looked into Carlton Fields at all? They don't advertise hiring, but will take a summer class. Most of the time the 1L class is a diversity gig, but they do take 2Ls with idea of hiring them.

Also, while they don't necessarily pay what the above firms pay, have you looked into Trenam Kempker, Shumaker Kendrick & Loop, Burr & Forman?

The thing I've found to be very nice about Tampa is that, even though you don't get the checks that you might get in south Florida, the hours are more manageable and the general population just seems to be nicer. I'd offer my info for PM stuff, but don't want to out myself any more than I possibly have already. haha.

Return to “Legal Employment”