In-house summer search

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

In-house summer search

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:42 pm

My current position (8 CBs, 6 rejections, 2 outstanding) is looking bleak with it being this late in the game.

So I have two questions:

1.) When do most of the major in-house gigs start accepting apps?

2.) Is there a recommended site or resource to find these openings other than trolling the corporate sites or hoping CDO posts something?

sparty99

Re: In-house summer search

Postby sparty99 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My current position (8 CBs, 6 rejections, 2 outstanding) is looking bleak with it being this late in the game.

So I have two questions:

1.) When do most of the major in-house gigs start accepting apps?

2.) Is there a recommended site or resource to find these openings other than trolling the corporate sites or hoping CDO posts something?

Spring semester...Indeed and the corporate websites are your best bet. I did in-house. The pay was "decent." You should practice your interviewing skills. Something is wrong if you received 8 callbacks and six rejections. Read, "Knock em Dead" by Martin Yate. Do mock interviews before your next interviews. Make sure you come off likeable at the firm visits.

EtherOne

Postby EtherOne » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:12 pm

I don't think it is necessarily bad interviewing. If he/she got 8 CBs, he must have been doing allright in his/her interviews. Sometimes you are unlucky. There is a thread, however, of a HLS student that gives good advice in re: to OCI/callbacks. Maybe you should give it a good look.

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:26 pm

A good site for job postings is lawstudentjobs.net. They have a lot of in-house stuff.

Return to “Legal Employment”