Firm rejects me and then interviewer offers to meet later

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Firm rejects me and then interviewer offers to meet later

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:07 pm

One interviewer from a firm was very kind to me and we had a good connection. I was waiting for more than a month to hear back so I emailed him a follow-up. He emailed back that the program was full but I should let him know when I'm in town to get coffee.

What does this mean? I have been rejected by every single firm so what is the advantage of me going to talk to this person some more?

JazzOne

Re: Firm rejects me and then interviewer offers to meet later

Postby JazzOne » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:One interviewer from a firm was very kind to me and we had a good connection. I was waiting for more than a month to hear back so I emailed him a follow-up. He emailed back that the program was full but I should let him know when I'm in town to get coffee.

What does this mean? I have been rejected by every single firm so what is the advantage of me going to talk to this person some more?

A job might open up in the future. You can demonstrate tenacity and enthusiasm for that firm if you stay aggressive.

whatsyourdeal

Postby whatsyourdeal » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:15 pm

JazzOne wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:One interviewer from a firm was very kind to me and we had a good connection. I was waiting for more than a month to hear back so I emailed him a follow-up. He emailed back that the program was full but I should let him know when I'm in town to get coffee.

A job might open up in the future. You can demonstrate tenacity and enthusiasm for that firm if you stay aggressive.

+1. keep in touch, if there is an opening later, you might (probably) be the first in line.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:17 pm

Wants to date you

atcushman

Postby atcushman » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:26 pm

IAFG wrote:Wants to datefuck you

MarkRenton

Postby MarkRenton » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:42 pm

Maybe he's got an investment opportunity. Or just needs a couple bucks.

Scurredsitless1

Postby Scurredsitless1 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:50 am

He might know of an opportunity elsewhere and thinks you're a good fit. He may have a client that is looking for an in-house intern or a friend that is looking for an SA and didn't do OCI. Maybe you said something in your interview that was really bad - and he wants to make you aware of where you're mis-stepping.

If he's not trying to hook you up with a job, he's probably trying to give you feedback..... or fuck you (which you would probably sense)....

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:00 am

This is what networking looks like. You should always take these opportunities to sit down with people. Most of the time they don't lead to anything, but sometimes they do, and it sounds like this guy wants to be helpful. Definitely meet with him.

Return to “Legal Employment”