Going back for a second look after accepting the offer?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Going back for a second look after accepting the offer?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:02 pm

So I accepted an offer at a firm shortly after I received it. When I received it, I was told that they were looking forward to scheduling a dinner with other attorneys so that I'd have the opportunity to talk with more people while considering my options. I accepted the offer without doing this; when I accepted it, I was told that I could still come back in for a second look just to meet and talk with more of the attorneys and go out to dinner. Would it be weird to do this at this point? I would like to schedule this and go, but I know that these "second looks" usually happen in the context of deciding between firms, so I wouldn't want it to be weird if the attorneys who I meet with already know I've accepted. What do you think?

aces

Re: Going back for a second look after accepting the offer?

Postby aces » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:46 pm

Yeah, that would seem pretty weird to me if I were one of the associates you were meeting with.

quesniot

Postby quesniot » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:11 pm

Yeah that's a little odd. They don't really need to sell you now or anything nor do you have a decision to make. Probably just being polite on their part to not cancel your dinner?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:12 pm

I don't think it's odd at all, at least it wouldn't be at my firm. It's just a chance to chat, learn some stuff, and get to know your future colleagues. Nothing weird about it.

Return to “Legal Employment”