Cravath v. SullCrom

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Cravath v. S&C

Cravath
21
68%
S&C
10
32%
 
Total votes: 31

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Cravath v. SullCrom

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:32 pm

Interested in litigation, indifferent between midtown and the financial district.

Any reason to take SullCrom over Cravath? I'm not convinced that the hours will be worse at Cravath, and SullCrom seems to get meaningfully worse publicity.

Thanks!

ijs1
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Cravath v. SullCrom

Postby ijs1 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:35 pm

if you knew you wanted to do white collar s&c

user was outed for anon abuse

KaNa1986
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Re: Cravath v. SullCrom

Postby KaNa1986 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:49 am

The general consensus seems to be Cravath for litigation and SullCrom for corporate.

user was outed for anon abuse

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cravath v. SullCrom

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:28 am

Speaking as an S&C associate, if you're making decisions based on "publicity", then you should go to Cravath for sure.

(EDIT: To add some substance to this, if you're making decisions based upon whether or not a firm was willing to payoff a disgruntled associate after a de facto shakedown in 2008, then I query your judgment.)

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Cravath v. SullCrom

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:Speaking as an S&C associate, if you're making decisions based on "publicity", then you should go to Cravath for sure.

(EDIT: To add some substance to this, if you're making decisions based upon whether or not a firm was willing to payoff a disgruntled associate after a de facto shakedown in 2008, then I query your judgment.)

Is it just me, or does every thread in this forum that mentions S&C seem to obviously or explicitly get taken over by S&C associates (or maybe just one who posts on every thread)?

Good reason not to place any weight on "advice" or polls in anonymous forums.

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8448
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Cravath v. SullCrom

Postby thesealocust » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The general consensus seems to be Cravath for litigation and SullCrom for corporate.


What? No, that's not the general consensus at all.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cravath v. SullCrom

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:47 pm

thesealocust wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The general consensus seems to be Cravath for litigation and SullCrom for corporate.


What? No, that's not the general consensus at all.


What would you say the general consensus is?

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8448
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Cravath v. SullCrom

Postby thesealocust » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
thesealocust wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The general consensus seems to be Cravath for litigation and SullCrom for corporate.


What? No, that's not the general consensus at all.


What would you say the general consensus is?


Both firms are excellent at everything they do. Choice should be based on fit/vibe/culture at each place or else based on the assignment systems for junior lawyers, which are quite different. If a student knows they want to do a practice one firm has but the other doesn't, that also obviously tips the scales.

It's silly to suggest Cravath is better for lit and S&C better for corp, the firms are peers through and through, about as unambiguously matched as two firms in a market can be in terms of reputation.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.