EJW/Skadden Fellowship

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
samcro_op

Re: EJW/Skadden Fellowship

Postby samcro_op » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:45 pm

Just wondering if there were any good threads that talk in depth about these fellowships? I did a search and couldn't find anything. I guess I was hoping for sort of a guide or a thread with more info. This one seems like everyone in the conversation is already well aware of how the process works and the ins and outs. I have read the website for both but I was just wondering if TLS had any compilations of inside knowledge.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:04 pm

Did anyone get a "still in the running" email at the end of February? I got one in January that said we'd hear by February 28, but I haven't heard anything since. Anyone?

lous-ee-ana

Postby lous-ee-ana » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:57 pm

I'm in the same boat. I never got an email on Feb. 28th.

Also, I know the website says they won't give individual status updates if you contact them but I emailed a couple times to see if they would at least tell me how many fellowships they given out so far and how many people are still in the running but they haven't responded.

GRRRR! This is so frustrating!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone get a "still in the running" email at the end of February? I got one in January that said we'd hear by February 28, but I haven't heard anything since. Anyone?

No, and I know I'm still in the running because I got an interview. So don't give up hope.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:43 pm

samcro_op wrote:Just wondering if there were any good threads that talk in depth about these fellowships? I did a search and couldn't find anything. I guess I was hoping for sort of a guide or a thread with more info. This one seems like everyone in the conversation is already well aware of how the process works and the ins and outs. I have read the website for both but I was just wondering if TLS had any compilations of inside knowledge.

I don't know if any of us has any inside knowledge, but if you ask questions some people might know some answers.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:20 pm

Is everyone out today? Or are folks without pending interviews/offers still in the running?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is everyone out today? Or are folks without pending interviews/offers still in the running?

I'm out. I didn't have anything pending. (I did have an interview, but already got rejected from it.)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:10 pm

Did you all actually hear from them today? I haven't interviewed and have heard nothing since January.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did you all actually hear from them today? I haven't interviewed and have heard nothing since January.

Yeah, got dinged today. I last heard that I was still in the running about a month ago.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat May 17, 2014 7:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:my career counselor sent me the "sorry to hear..." e-mail today, so the vigil can finally end. must have been a crazy year for applications, and it looks like the mythical GPA-cutoff isn't so mythical. I've got almost 10 years public interest experience, 2 summers at big name legal aid organizations, a kickass sponsor with huge skadden connections and what everyone told me was a great project (including SBP), but median GPA at a t10. f that.

I started putting together my SBP halloween costume today. :twisted:

good luck at EJW conference and late clerkships! sickly relieving to know I don't have to do the rest of the skadden process, although cocktail hours would have been nice.

Does anyone know what the GPA cutoff is?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:26 pm

Anyone hear anything from Skadden?

BlueLotus

Postby BlueLotus » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:my career counselor sent me the "sorry to hear..." e-mail today, so the vigil can finally end. must have been a crazy year for applications, and it looks like the mythical GPA-cutoff isn't so mythical. I've got almost 10 years public interest experience, 2 summers at big name legal aid organizations, a kickass sponsor with huge skadden connections and what everyone told me was a great project (including SBP), but median GPA at a t10. f that.

I started putting together my SBP halloween costume today. :twisted:

good luck at EJW conference and late clerkships! sickly relieving to know I don't have to do the rest of the skadden process, although cocktail hours would have been nice.

Does anyone know what the GPA cutoff is?

Interested in this as well.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:41 pm

Calls for Skadden interviews went out tonight.

Can anybody who previously interviewed shed some light on what it was like?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:03 pm

Interviewed for Skadden but got my reject letter on Wednesday. Good luck to everyone who made it through!

Anyone know if any EJW sponsoring firms have started interviewing yet?

Return to “Legal Employment”