EJW/Skadden Fellowship Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: EJW/Skadden Fellowship

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:30 pm

A couple of folks from my school (but not me, sigh!) have recently gotten interviews with non-GT firms/foundations. I think it's hard to know whether there's going to be a complete holiday lull since the process is totally decentralized? No clue what happened in past years, though

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:A couple of folks from my school (but not me, sigh!) have recently gotten interviews with non-GT firms/foundations. I think it's hard to know whether there's going to be a complete holiday lull since the process is totally decentralized? No clue what happened in past years, though
Do you mind what region/state your school is? Or it's even better if you know what state your friend's project will be in.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:08 pm

I am still waiting to hear from EJW as well!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:43 pm

An applicant from my school just interviewed with Akin Gump and they said they would be making decisions in a few weeks. From what I understand, the EJW fellowship process could extend for a while - last year the two fellows from our school didn't hear back until April.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:37 pm

Someone from my school just received an EJW fellowship offer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:21 am

Got a call for an interview by EJW today.

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:33 am

Just fyi-
The EJW process can take FOREVER. There have been people who get their bar results before learning that they get an EJW. Stay patient, I know it sucks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:11 pm

Congrats to everyone with interviews and funding!

Anyone know how many distinct sponsors have gone already? At least Greenberg Traurig and Akin Gump have been mentioned here, but I'm just wondering if it's been a ton of others too.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Congrats to everyone with interviews and funding!

Anyone know how many distinct sponsors have gone already? At least Greenberg Traurig and Akin Gump have been mentioned here, but I'm just wondering if it's been a ton of others too.
My interview is with someone else. I know that's not super useful since I don't want to say who. I'm useless.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:09 pm

I applied, but haven't heard one way or another. They said that those rejected will find out by December. Any one else heard?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Can people get called to interview with more than one sponsor, or is this a one chance only type of deal?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Congrats to everyone with interviews and funding!

I know that Pfizer/Kaye Scholer have done some interviewing.

tlr008

New

Post by tlr008 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:08 pm

Last edited by tlr008 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Can people get called to interview with more than one sponsor, or is this a one chance only type of deal?
You can get called more than once.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:09 pm

Does anyone know if Kramer/Levin in NY has conducted interviews already? Or, if there are other places in NY that have yet to conduct interviews? An acquaintance received an EJW in NY, so I know some of those have gone already, but I'm trying to figure out whether it's officially time to give up hope.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:16 pm

Has anyone received a general rejection from EJW (rather than a rejection from a sponsor after an interview)?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:57 pm

Just got an email from EJW saying that my proposal is still in the running and that more specific updates will be provided by Jan 30. Is this the same for everyone?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just got an email from EJW saying that my proposal is still in the running and that more specific updates will be provided by Jan 30. Is this the same for everyone?
Me too. I have gotten no calls for interviews, but this message gives me some hope.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:59 pm

I got this email too, but I'm not sure that it warrants that much excitement, because I don't think EJW has eliminated anyone yet. In other words, I think there are still only two groups - those who already have EJWs and those who are waiting - but not a third group of people who are no longer in the running because the pool has been narrowed. So everyone left can have some hope, but no one should have a lot of hope maybe?

Also, Skadden just published their list of 2014 fellows if you wanna read it & weep like I just did: http://www.skaddenfellowships.org/fellows-list

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I got this email too, but I'm not sure that it warrants that much excitement, because I don't think EJW has eliminated anyone yet. In other words, I think there are still only two groups - those who already have EJWs and those who are waiting - but not a third group of people who are no longer in the running because the pool has been narrowed. So everyone left can have some hope, but no one should have a lot of hope maybe?

Also, Skadden just published their list of 2014 fellows if you wanna read it & weep like I just did: http://www.skaddenfellowships.org/fellows-list
Agreed, and I am curious if anyone did not receive this email. But it's still good to hear from them I think.

I didn't get to apply for Skadden because my host told me they would only sponsor me for EJW. Now I see why because they sponsored another for Skadden.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:I got this email too, but I'm not sure that it warrants that much excitement, because I don't think EJW has eliminated anyone yet. In other words, I think there are still only two groups - those who already have EJWs and those who are waiting - but not a third group of people who are no longer in the running because the pool has been narrowed. So everyone left can have some hope, but no one should have a lot of hope maybe?

A former fellow who reviews applications told me that only applications with reliable hosts, qualified fellows, and doable projects that are doing something new even make it to the sponsors. I would hope this means that at this point, if your project didn't make the EJW screening cut, they'd let you know. Right?

It's finals, so I hate asking others whether they got an email today, but I do hope to hear on this anonymous forum, whether it's good or bad news.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:31 pm

Purely sour grapes here, but 7 Skaddens for Yale and 3 for the ACLU in NY? Way to diversify

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Purely sour grapes here, but 7 Skaddens for Yale and 3 for the ACLU in NY? Way to diversify
Yeah. I read the list and felt like a sucker for applying.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:49 pm

Did folks receive a Skadden rejection call on Friday or should I simply wait for my reject letter in the mail?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:Did folks receive a Skadden rejection call on Friday or should I simply wait for my reject letter in the mail?
I'm sorry you made it so far and got booted. I got booted right after the interviews so I didn't get my hopes up.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”