Law School Grad- Missed the Summer Hiring Boat

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Law School Grad- Missed the Summer Hiring Boat

Postby barcamessi » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:23 pm

I did not do well my first year of law school and did not have the GPA to meet summer hiring requirements. I ended up turning it around and graduated this past spring with honors. I'm seeking advice/guidance on the best ways to target recruiting contacts/and/or hiring partners. First question: Email or Snail Mail? Second (if email is best method): Has anyone used an email service (e.g. resume launchpad)? Third: assuming hiring partner is not an alum from my school and I have no other "in" with that person based on his online bio, do I still email/snail mail him/her directly or go to the recruiter.

Appreciate your help!

Re: Law School Grad- Missed the Summer Hiring Boat

Postby romothesavior » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:02 am

School/class rank?

You should have been on this months, even years ago. At this point, you should be mass mailing like a fiend and trying to milk every possible connection you have to any firm/agency. Your most likely path to a job at this point is through personal connections and networking.

Return to “Legal Employment”