Axinn Veltrop Hiring Timeline

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Axinn Veltrop Hiring Timeline

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:42 pm

Anyone know anything about where they are in their process? I had a screener with them a few weeks ago where they said I would hear back in the following few weeks; trying to figure out if they're just a slow mover or what else is up.

Anonymous User

Re: Axinn Veltrop Hiring Timeline

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:03 pm

they gave me a CB on the spot, seemed to indicate thats the way they do it. also they told me they have an offer outstanding for antitrust and im basically on the wait list (I am withdrawing from them)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:25 pm

I think they give all cb's on the spot. I didn't and was dinged a short while later. I don't think I recall hearing of a single person getting a cb that wasn't on the spot. Then again, this was OCI, so if this was a non-OCI screener, it might be different.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:32 pm

I know two with offers in Hartford. One of them got a CB on the spot for sure not sure of the other. I was rejected a few weeks later.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:34 pm

Got rejected from them shortly after screener.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:26 pm

I used to work there. They give some callbacks on the spot others come later. The interviewer has a certain number of callbacks they can give out on the spot, but not all of the interviewers do so.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I think they give all cb's on the spot. I didn't and was dinged a short while later. I don't think I recall hearing of a single person getting a cb that wasn't on the spot. Then again, this was OCI, so if this was a non-OCI screener, it might be different.

I'm a 3L. At 2L OCI I did a "walk in" screener, i.e. they had some spare time so you could just go in there and interview even if you didn't get a screener. Received a callback a couple weeks later. Accepted V30 in NYC before they got back to me post-callback.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:37 pm

OP here—since it seemed likely I was dinged I just followed up with my interviewer. Recruiting followed up with me today to inform me I am indeed dinged.

O well.

Return to “Legal Employment”