Minnesota Market: CBs -> Offer -> Classes filled

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Minnesota Market: CBs -> Offer -> Classes filled

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:59 pm

Hi y'all!

So, what's the lay of the land looking like for SA positions in Minneapolis?

From what I hear from my classmates, a lot of the big firms have at least extended offers. I really do not know if the firms have filled their classes yet.

Anyone have some more insight?

Anonymous User

Re: Minnesota Market: CBs -> Offer -> Classes filled

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:12 pm

Dinged from Robins Kaplan and know I was in last batch of cbs. I think they are done hiring.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:17 pm

I had this feeling that most of the big firms would be done by now.

Hah, oh well. Such is life.

Hopefully some of the mid-size firms that did not participate in OCI start opening up those 2L law clerk positions that may then translate to summer employment, then ***fingers crossed*** leads to full time employment.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:54 pm

I think it depends on how competitive of an applicant you are as to whether firms are still hiring at this point. Mpls firms are still looking at applicants from my school, MVPB, but they're telling applicants that they've already extended some offers. Some of the bigger firms (Faegre/Dorsey) are likely still interviewing as well since their classes are larger.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I think it depends on how competitive of an applicant you are as to whether firms are still hiring at this point. Mpls firms are still looking at applicants from my school, MVPB, but they're telling applicants that they've already extended some offers. Some of the bigger firms (Faegre/Dorsey) are likely still interviewing as well since their classes are larger.

Do you by chance know about Minneapolis/St. Paul mid-size firms?

People keep on saying mid-size firms hire on a different cycle, but I don't exactly know what the means...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I think it depends on how competitive of an applicant you are as to whether firms are still hiring at this point. Mpls firms are still looking at applicants from my school, MVPB, but they're telling applicants that they've already extended some offers. Some of the bigger firms (Faegre/Dorsey) are likely still interviewing as well since their classes are larger.

Do you by chance know about Minneapolis/St. Paul mid-size firms?

People keep on saying mid-size firms hire on a different cycle, but I don't exactly know what the means...

I'm sorry I don't. But it never hurts to mass mail/network.

Return to “Legal Employment”