Callback meal question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback meal question

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:50 am

All of my callbacks thus far have been in my home market and haven't required any travel. I have one coming up where I have to travel and the firm has booked me a flight/hotel and told me to submit all of my taxi receipts. However, for the dinner the night before the cb and the breakfast the morning of the cb, am I expected to pay? If they pay, do I eat at the hotel and charge it to the room or pay out of pocket and submit receipts?

AntipodeanPhil

Re: Callback meal question

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:57 am

It varies. Most common: you pay, submit your receipts, and the firm reimburses you.

Even if they've pre-paid for the hotel, you usually pay for any incidentals (like internet) and then get reimbursed. I did have one callback where the firm had an arrangement with the hotel so that they would pay directly for certain charges, including room service or the hotel restaurant, but I think that's very unusual. Sadly, all I used it for was a muffin and a cup of coffee.

Return to “Legal Employment”