Maybe a lot of firms are messing up their yields this year?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Maybe a lot of firms are messing up their yields this year?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:47 am

Just another data point that I thought I'd provide after the Kasowitz debacle: I interviewed with my no. 1 or no. 2 firm choice at OCI, got dinged 4 days later, felt a deep and abiding sadness, accepted another offer.

Got an email from their recruiting today saying that they'd be in touch to schedule something in the next couple of weeks. Obviously I wrote back that I wouldn't be doing any more interviews at this point - just thought I'd give a heads up that possibly firms have also grossly overestimated yields?

AntipodeanPhil

Re: Maybe a lot of firms are messing up their yields this year?

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:59 am

LOL.

Since you're anonymous and you've already accepted an offer already: how about naming the firm, or at least its Vault range?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:05 am

Not OP. I've received multiple interview requests in the past week from firms all across the Vault rankings. From V100 to V50 to V10...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:28 am

Perkins.

Anonymous Loser

Postby Anonymous Loser » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:Perkins.

I don't think you can "grossly overestimate" yield on an expected SA class that size. We're talking about probably 7-10 SA's in Seattle--if one person backs out, they are likely going to have to go back to the applicant pool.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:06 am

Which office?

dixiecupdrinking

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:17 am

Anonymous Loser wrote:

I don't think you can "grossly overestimate" yield on an expected SA class that size. We're talking about probably 7-10 SA's in Seattle--if one person backs out, they are likely going to have to go back to the applicant pool.

It's still noteworthy that they are contacting people they've already rejected. They would avoid doing that if at all possible.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:14 am

You're welcome

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:Not OP. I've received multiple interview requests in the past week from firms all across the Vault rankings. From V100 to V50 to V10...

I just got a screener through mass mail from a Vault firm that came to an off campus interview program that I attended. They did not select me for an interview at the program.

Edited for clarity
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liam

Postby Liam » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:Not OP. I've received multiple interview requests in the past week from firms all across the Vault rankings. From V100 to V50 to V10...

Are these firms that had previously rejected you, or mass mailers?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:58 am

Who knows. Called a recruiter at a firm back in August asking if they were accepting applications for 3Ls. He said no, because all their summers have accepted their offers. But he said to send my material anyway "for the file" (which as everyone knows, is where resumes go to die). 2 weeks later he called to schedule a CB. I am a good match for this firm, but by no means an exceptional candidate. Go figure.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:17 am

Liam wrote:

Are these firms that had previously rejected you, or mass mailers?

A few were from mass-mailing and a few were the result of telling the career services office that I was still looking. Apparently career services keeps some sort of file with our resumes and firms that are still recruiting can flip through the resumes and pull the one(s) they like.

Return to “Legal Employment”