Smith Anderson (Raleigh, NC)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Smith Anderson (Raleigh, NC)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:39 pm

Anyone have inside info about Smith Anderson in Raleigh? Specifically interested in what the people are like, how the firm is perceived compared to others in NC, and the proportion of local vs national business. Any other info appreciated too.

Anonymous User

Re: Smith Anderson (Raleigh, NC)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:16 pm

Top transactional firm in the triangle. The attorneys I met were a little weird but the recruiting coordinator is cool as hell. That's all I got.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:28 pm

Called back there within the past couple years. Pretty much agree with the above. Check Chambers and Partners. Band 1 transaction, Band 4 commercial lit. If you want transactional, good choice. Lit, ehh there might be better options in NC.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:44 pm

Best transactional firm in the RTP area.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:Top transactional firm in the triangle.

Anonymous User wrote:Best transactional firm in the RTP area.

Any idea about how they fare in all of NC? According to Chambers and Partners (thanks for referring me to them), Moore & Van Allen, Robinson Bradshaw, and Smith Anderson are the only Band 1 Corporate/M&A firms in NC. Are they all pretty much on the same level?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:49 am

Great firm, and very good reputation in North Carolina. Solid economically in that there were no layoffs of attorneys from 2008-present, which is kind of amazing.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:19 pm

Adding another: "Great reputation in area, better for transactional than litigation, but good for both."

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any idea about how they fare in all of NC? According to Chambers and Partners (thanks for referring me to them), Moore & Van Allen, Robinson Bradshaw, and Smith Anderson are the only Band 1 Corporate/M&A firms in NC. Are they all pretty much on the same level?

No but Charlotte and Raleigh don't get the same kind or level of corporate work. Smith Anderson is the best in RTP but I don't think it's quite on the level of MVA or RBH.

Return to “Legal Employment”