Withdrawing C&F Application Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Withdrawing C&F Application

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:14 pm

I submitted my character and fitness application for the Illinois Bar, but will now be taking the bar in a different state. My application was submitted well over a year ago but my file/evaluation is still in progress. Any there any negative consequences for withdrawing my application to the Illinois bar?

LawIdiot86

Silver

Re: Withdrawing C&F Application

Post by LawIdiot86 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I submitted my character and fitness application for the Illinois Bar, but will now be taking the bar in a different state. My application was submitted well over a year ago but my file/evaluation is still in progress. Any there any negative consequences for withdrawing my application to the Illinois bar?
You'll have to disclose that you applied and withdraw in Illinois on future bar applications in other states, but other than them ordering a copy of your Illinois app to make sure you aren't hiding anything from them, there shouldn't be consequences.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:40 pm

cool, thanks

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:53 am

I would call and ask if you can be waived in with your other state's results. If so, I doubt they'll refund any money, so you may as well just take admittance to the Illinois bar. Can't hurt.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”