Fordham Law (graduates or people at Fordham only please) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
yankeesjn

New

Fordham Law (graduates or people at Fordham only please)

Post by yankeesjn » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:46 pm

Hi,

I am very seriously considering attending Fordham next year. I've noticed that the statistics say that for the most recent class, 23% were able to land big law, and 63% were able to obtain long-term, full time employment, at jobs requiring bar passage.

In my mind, this means that at fordham law, just about everyone ranked in the top 50% is getting real law jobs (as that is well within the top 63%) and the top 20% are getting jobs at the top 250 law firms.

Is there any reason why this assumption would be incorrect? If the stats have been taken apart and are saying 63% have real law jobs, and not fake ones that the school creates, shouldn't most people you know at Fordham have job offers for real law jobs?

nygrrrl

Gold

Re: Fordham Law (graduates or people at Fordham only please)

Post by nygrrrl » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:53 pm

One posting per topic, please. As this topic as posted in the "Ask a Law Student" thread already has responses, I will leave that one open and lock this one.

Return to “Legal Employment”