Still haven't heard anything from screener firms...

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Still haven't heard anything from screener firms...

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:35 pm

OCI was near the beginning of August and there are a few firms that I still have not heard anything from. I followed up with them awhile ago and still nothing. Is it appropriate to follow up AGAIN? Just wondering why they can't just reject me so I can just know for sure.

Also I am giving up hope at this point of getting a 2L SA... Is it too late to start mass mailing? I know this should have been done a long long long time ago but it is what it is. I am interested in the LA market. I don't know if offers are all pretty much done at this point but I feel like they probably are.

Gorki

Re: Still haven't heard anything from screener firms...

Postby Gorki » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:38 pm

Start mass mailing. Radio silence now for about 2 months? Yeah, hate to be a dick but its 99.999% likely they were all rejected.

I got a August 2012 screener rejection around Thanksgiving last year. Mass mail all over, use Symplicity, etc.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:40 pm

possible snail mail rejection to the wrong address?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:46 pm

Our OCI was mid-August. Last week I got both a rejection and a callback invite from firms I had screeners with but had not heard anything from until now. I hadn't followed up with the firm I got a callback from so I can't say how effective that would be.

thegrayman

Postby thegrayman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:53 pm

assume 100% rejections, sorry

hephaestus

Postby hephaestus » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:18 pm

I don't see the harm in following up again. They are probably rejections but you don't lose anything but your time.

Return to “Legal Employment”