Missed hiring partner call

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Missed hiring partner call

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:21 pm

Got a call Friday morning that I was unable to pick up. No voicemail was left, but looking up the number it was a HP from a firm I'm waiting on post-cb. I chose not to call anyone at the office on Friday given the lack of voicemail.

Today passed without any call. When should I call back? Do I call the HP or recruiting/the general office? And is no vm/call today a sign of anything?

hephaestus

Re: Missed hiring partner call

Postby hephaestus » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Call back tomorrow morning. Why wouldn't you?

iplulzer

Postby iplulzer » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:31 pm

Jesus Christ. Pick up the phone tomorrow and return the call like a normal person. WTF is wrong with law students.

There are many tricky aspects to the job hunt. This is not one of them.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:36 pm

Guess I was mistaken in expecting a second call from an unknown number that left no voicemail?

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:40 pm

No, it's a little weird to return a missed call for which no message was left. Probably a good idea, but you kind of have to start by being all "O HAI I GOT A CALL AND GOOGLED IT AND IT WAS YOU BUT YOU DIDN'T WANT TO TALK TO ME BUT GUESS WHAT I WANT TO TALK TO YOU WHAT'S SHAKING?"

I'm not saying you shouldn't do it (what do you have to lose?), but it was rational to think something was weird / wait it out a bit.

Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:45 pm

thesealocust wrote:No, it's a little weird to return a missed call for which no message was left. Probably a good idea, but you kind of have to start by being all "O HAI I GOT A CALL AND GOOGLED IT AND IT WAS YOU BUT YOU DIDN'T WANT TO TALK TO ME BUT GUESS WHAT I WANT TO TALK TO YOU WHAT'S SHAKING?"

I'm not saying you shouldn't do it (what do you have to lose?), but it was rational to think something was weird / wait it out a bit.

I mean, presumably, OP would be a little more tactful and say, "hi, I received a missed call from this number and am just cal(HP says it's HP)-- ohh HP it's nice to hear from you etc."

So yes, this is yet another case of the aspergers.

rickgrimes69

Postby rickgrimes69 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:10 pm

iplulzer wrote:Jesus Christ. Pick up the phone tomorrow and return the call like a normal person. WTF is wrong with law students.

There are many tricky aspects to the job hunt. This is not one of them.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:52 pm

I missed a call, and the hiring partner did not leave a message. He called the next day.

Take it easy...

Return to “Legal Employment”