Crowell & Moring Ny?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Crowell & Moring Ny?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:10 pm

Does anybody know anything about Crowell & Moring's NY office? I know they're big in DC, but they only have like 50 lawyers in NY. Has anybody summered there, worked there, or has any information about the NY office? Thanks a bunch!

Anonymous User

Re: Crowell & Moring Ny?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:29 am

I actually heard a rumor that every summer was no-offered. But that was third-hand, so take it with a gigantic grain of salt (or ask your recruiting contact and report back). I figure if it were true, it would have been on ATL or something by now.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I actually heard a rumor that every summer was no-offered. But that was third-hand, so take it with a gigantic grain of salt (or ask your recruiting contact and report back). I figure if it were true, it would have been on ATL or something by now.

Are you talking about 2013? I don't know anything about the firm, but according to Vault, they made offers to 18 out of 22 SA's in 2012.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I actually heard a rumor that every summer was no-offered. But that was third-hand, so take it with a gigantic grain of salt (or ask your recruiting contact and report back). I figure if it were true, it would have been on ATL or something by now.

Are you talking about 2013? I don't know anything about the firm, but according to Vault, they made offers to 18 out of 22 SA's in 2012.

Yes, was talking about 2013. And to be clear, the rumor I've heard is not that they no-offered all of their summers firm wide, just the NY office -- 5 or 6 SAs. I do know personally that at least 1 DC summer was no offered in 2013 as well, but most of the DC office was offered.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:09 pm

Are you asking this because you got an offer and you are trying to compare other offers to Crowell? If so what other offers are you considering? I do not recommend Crowell NY if you have another V100 NY offer. Crowell (all offices) is known for not giving 100% offers. From what I have heard they tell their summers that a past summer "messed up/did not do any assignment, etc" but in reality this is not always true. Since 2007/8 they hired summers prob. knowing that they are not going to give offers to all of them. I also think they cut down their summer class for next year.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:35 am

Someone I know was Crowell NY this summer. She was no-offered. There was at least one other summer in the NY office who was given an offer...to start in 2016 (who knows what she'll do in the meantime). That probably explains why Crowell's offer rate remained relatively high. If you have other options, don't go there.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:37 pm

I know a Crowell NY summer who was deferred to 2015 start.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:30 pm

If they are deferring people, why would they be interviewing people for next summer? And deferring a summer for 2-3 years is practically a no-offer. Doing that to raise their offer rate seems like a scam.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If they are deferring people, why would they be interviewing people for next summer? And deferring a summer for 2-3 years is practically a no-offer. Doing that to raise their offer rate seems like a scam.

Interested in this as well. Is this common practice?

Return to “Legal Employment”