post acceptance gifts

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
brotherdarkness

Re: post acceptance gifts

Postby brotherdarkness » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:01 pm

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

kwais

Postby kwais » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:08 pm

brotherdarkness wrote:
NinerFan wrote::roll: Oh, law school. I was thinking real life. I work for one firm and use some stuff I've received from other firms. Other people in the office do the same. Doing this in law school is probably not a good idea.

So you show up to work at Firm A while wearing Firm B clothing? I would have thought that was just as faux pas as wearing firm clothing to school.

Or maybe, despite the insistence of this thread, no one gives a shit there either. I wish I could concentrate on this assignment, but I can't shake the feeling that Johnson's shoulder bag had a different law firm on it - thought no lawyer ever

Postby 2014 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:27 pm

Dude's firm should give out better swag if he is using other firm's shit over theirs.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:51 pm

If you switch firms as a 3L does your new firm give you swag?

BuckinghamB

Postby BuckinghamB » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:54 am

kwais wrote:
brotherdarkness wrote:
NinerFan wrote::roll: Oh, law school. I was thinking real life. I work for one firm and use some stuff I've received from other firms. Other people in the office do the same. Doing this in law school is probably not a good idea.

So you show up to work at Firm A while wearing Firm B clothing? I would have thought that was just as faux pas as wearing firm clothing to school.

Or maybe, despite the insistence of this thread, no one gives a shit there either. I wish I could concentrate on this assignment, but I can't shake the feeling that Johnson's shoulder bag had a different law firm on it - thought no lawyer ever

but no one's talking about it in that context. in the law school setting, it's just having some semblance of conscientiousness. i don't see why it's that hard to comprehend.

NinerFan

Postby NinerFan » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:40 am

brotherdarkness wrote:

Ha ha, more like I've used pens and highlighters and page flags. I've yet to hear of a firm giving away branded dress clothing. I have seen other people use bags from other firms. But, honestly, no one cares what kind of pen I'm using or even what kind of bag I was using as long as I get my work done correctly and on time.

Oh, and if anyone is actually thinking of deciding between firms in the same market on the basis of post-acceptance gifts, let me back you up right there and encourage you to look at their benefits package instead, because when every firm is giving out 160's, insurance plans, premiums, and other type benefits can make a sizable difference.

kwais

Postby kwais » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:04 am

kwais wrote:
brotherdarkness wrote:

I'll try this one more time and see if anyone bothers to respond to the substance.

You guys have rightly pointed out that due to other's feelings, it could be a nice thing to do to choose a non-firm sweatshirt over a firm sweatshirt for wearing to class. That is true, just as it would be a nice thing to do to refrain from talking about how successful your diet and exercise plan were in front of your overweight friend. Totally agreed. What I take strong issue with in this thread is the idea that the person seeing the kid in the firm sweatshirt has ZERO obligation to try to shake it off or give that person the benefit of the doubt. You guys are convinced that the ONLY reason any one would ever wear that sweatshirt is because of a lack of social skills, and that is just unreasonable, absolutist and bitter. Law school is a paranoid place and everyone needs to work towards a healthier environment. That includes sweatshirt kid, but that also includes those who, because of a less than expected job outcome, start to believe they can dictate others' behavior and call anyone who doesn't take them into account when getting dressed a social moron. In this thread, a circle jerk has started involving no one trying to find the moderate, understanding and realistic middle on this issue. Thanks, and bring on the ad hominems about my lack of social skills.

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:52 am

kwais wrote:You guys are convinced that the ONLY reason any one would ever wear that sweatshirt is because of a lack of social skills, and that is just unreasonable, absolutist and bitter.

Yeah... no one is saying that.

But anyway, can we change the title of this thread to "poast acceptance gifs" and then start doing that? I'll start. Here is an attempted acceptance:

Also for some reason, this came up on my Google search:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:50 pm

CC gave brownies for halloween :)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:37 pm

Any gift from Sidley Austin coming?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:32 pm

Just saw a frail glasses-wearing beta at Whole Paycheck rocking a Paul, Weiss zip-up fleece with a matching flaccid Paul, Weiss tote bag.

I dunno why but I'm in a slightly better mood about being jobless... I'm sure I will be back to my normal depressed-self later...

Return to “Legal Employment”