K&L Gates Pittsburgh

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
cdelgado
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:01 am

K&L Gates Pittsburgh

Postby cdelgado » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:43 pm

Can someone give me info on this office? Sweatshop? Bad financial health? Forced out? Or great place? Anyone with previous experience or a prior summer would be great.

Would also take a PM.

cdelgado
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:01 am

Re: K&L Gates Pittsburgh

Postby cdelgado » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:15 am

Bump on this. Could really use any info.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: K&L Gates Pittsburgh

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:10 pm

Honestly it is a great place. The associates seem happy. Spent 2L summer there and ended up in a different market. Both corporate and litigation departments are large so it's easy to find partners to work with. No complaints. Seems healthy.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: K&L Gates Pittsburgh

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:31 am

Interested in this as well. Thank you for the information. Any other thoughts?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: K&L Gates Pittsburgh

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:34 pm

want to know this as well

arnoldpalmer36
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:09 pm

Re: K&L Gates Pittsburgh

Postby arnoldpalmer36 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:40 pm

Does anyone have any information in regards to the no-offers over the past few years?

User avatar
Lacepiece23
Posts: 835
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: K&L Gates Pittsburgh

Postby Lacepiece23 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:29 am

I'm at RS. Heard the no offer situation was bad from browsing throughout the forums. I know they took 23 summers this year, which is unprecedented for Pittsburgh ITE. I heard that at least 4 didn't get offers, but could be more. Maybe someone else can shed light because this is purely hearsay/ secondhand.

arnoldpalmer36
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:09 pm

Re: K&L Gates Pittsburgh

Postby arnoldpalmer36 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:30 am

Apparently they are cutting down their class size to about 15 next summer, from what I was told

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: K&L Gates Pittsburgh

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:23 am

Lacepiece23 wrote:I'm at RS. Heard the no offer situation was bad from browsing throughout the forums. I know they took 23 summers this year, which is unprecedented for Pittsburgh ITE. I heard that at least 4 didn't get offers, but could be more. Maybe someone else can shed light because this is purely hearsay/ secondhand.


K&L summer here, yeah firm no offers like woah so proceed with caution. People are great though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: K&L Gates Pittsburgh

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Lacepiece23 wrote:I'm at RS. Heard the no offer situation was bad from browsing throughout the forums. I know they took 23 summers this year, which is unprecedented for Pittsburgh ITE. I heard that at least 4 didn't get offers, but could be more. Maybe someone else can shed light because this is purely hearsay/ secondhand.


K&L summer here, yeah firm no offers like woah so proceed with caution. People are great though.

Any insight as to why they're no offering so much?

User avatar
Lacepiece23
Posts: 835
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: K&L Gates Pittsburgh

Postby Lacepiece23 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Lacepiece23 wrote:I'm at RS. Heard the no offer situation was bad from browsing throughout the forums. I know they took 23 summers this year, which is unprecedented for Pittsburgh ITE. I heard that at least 4 didn't get offers, but could be more. Maybe someone else can shed light because this is purely hearsay/ secondhand.


K&L summer here, yeah firm no offers like woah so proceed with caution. People are great though.

Any insight as to why they're no offering so much?



Honestly they probably couldn't support 23 new attorneys. Some might have been fit issues, but not all. I would get to RS if you have offers at both, but thats just me. I'm also biased.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: K&L Gates Pittsburgh

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:52 am

Lacepiece23 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Lacepiece23 wrote:I'm at RS. Heard the no offer situation was bad from browsing throughout the forums. I know they took 23 summers this year, which is unprecedented for Pittsburgh ITE. I heard that at least 4 didn't get offers, but could be more. Maybe someone else can shed light because this is purely hearsay/ secondhand.


K&L summer here, yeah firm no offers like woah so proceed with caution. People are great though.

Any insight as to why they're no offering so much?



Honestly they probably couldn't support 23 new attorneys. Some might have been fit issues, but not all. I would get to RS if you have offers at both, but thats just me. I'm also biased.


Ya it seems like a gamble. Maybe this last summer was an anomaly or something but it's definitely a risk

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: K&L Gates Pittsburgh

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:35 am

Different anon.

Even if they do go back to normal size, they no-offered 3/13 last year. That seems substantial for the size of the class.

The people are great, but the firm is very conservative in the way that it operates and tries its best not to spend money (from your reimbursements for interviews to hiring to CLE classes).

Obviously I do not want to discourage people from going here, especially if it is your only offer. It is just better to have a full picture of the situation going into it.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.