OMM NY or Sidley NY

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

OMM or Sidley?

OMM
19%
Sidley
81%

Total votes: 16

Anonymous User

OMM NY or Sidley NY

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:38 pm

I'm posting this for a friend - he wants to do corporate, not sure which area. The goal is to be at a firm where he can have the option to transfer to a CA (preferably SF) office in a few years. OMM's NY office is much smaller and both it and its SF offices seem to be more lit focused. Sidley has a bigger NYC office but their SF office is smaller, though it's more corporate heavy, and the NY office is more full-service, which seems better since he doesn't know what he wants to do yet.

OMM has a better name on the West Coast but they seem to have had a lot of partners leave in the past few years, and are more lit-focused. Does it make a difference that OMM is a a CA-headquartered firm? Sidley's CA offices seem pretty big but that's mostly in LA.

He enjoyed the people at both equally. Any insight from summers or associates welcome.

Anonymous User

Re: OMM NY or Sidley NY

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:44 am

Bump

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:27 pm

all i know is that OMM has cool IP/entertainment work, but i'd lean sidley

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:54 pm

Bump