This is what I get for spamming

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Mroberts3

Re: Arizona legal market

Postby Mroberts3 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:14 am

thesealocust wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
thesealocust wrote:
bk1 wrote:I also appreciated TSL's fine, fine photoshop skills.

Resurrecting a tradition from when I posted as disco_barred 8)

WHAT???? TSL IS DISCO BARRED???????

sup?

Edit: TSL was the account I posted under about the school I went to. I started disco_barred and stopped posting under TSL so I could talk about anxious 1L things and the job hunt without being tied back to my school, and I started scribe to write advice about 1L without having it be directly tied to my school while I was still there. Part way through school somebody IRL came up to me and was like "o hai disco_barred" so I asked the mods to nuke that account, and sometime after graduating I stopped caring nearly as much about anonymity so I adopted the disco_barred avatar on both other accounts.

This makes so much sense now. I always wondered who scribe was because the content was so good but he/she had no real post history. You should know I borrowed (read: stole) plenty from you when giving 1L lectures as a 2/3L.

thesealocust

Re: This is what I get for spamming

Postby thesealocust » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:52 am

SBL wrote:Can someone tell me what happened here?

Edit: OP has also asked me to remove my executive summary, which is hilarious but there's like, some part of me that actually doesn't want to be a jerk just for the sake of being a jerk, so away it goes.

I still am not at all clear why OP was desperate to cover his or her tracks. The thread was silly, but like, what else is new?

Postby 20160810 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:07 am

Someone PM'd me a description of the thread. I have no idea why OP would go on a furious thread-bumping bender to obscure what seems like a pretty milquetoast message.

#YOLO, brothers. #YOLO.

hephaestus

Postby hephaestus » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:11 am

thesealocust wrote:
SBL wrote:Can someone tell me what happened here?

Edit: OP has also asked me to remove my executive summary, which is hilarious but there's like, some part of me that actually doesn't want to be a jerk just for the sake of being a jerk, so away it goes.

I still am not at all clear why OP was desperate to cover his or her tracks. The thread was silly, but like, what else is new?

Yeah it's not like this is the first time someone has said something stupid on TLS.

smaug_

Postby smaug_ » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:19 am

SBL wrote:Someone PM'd me a description of the thread. I have no idea why OP would go on a furious thread-bumping bender to obscure what seems like a pretty milquetoast message.

#YOLO, brothers. #YOLO.

I think OP doesn't want us to know that someone who goes to a SCHOOL NEAR BOSTON would end up choosing a job IN BOSTON and wants us to know exactly how preftigious BOSTON BIGLAW is.

Postby 20160810 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:23 am

I lol'd and thought about quoting that but then I realized it would only net me a PM from thiss bro asking me to take it down, so instead I'll just say Good work, OP; keep dominating that Kansas City BIGLAW scene.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:27 am

SBL wrote:a PM

You're being too generous to the OP. I've received at least 6 PMs already.

Myself

Postby Myself » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:00 pm

Last edited by Myself on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

NotMyRealName09

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:37 pm

Yeah really, someone just say it, who cares - you don't get to post on the Internet and take it back. That's bullcrap stupidity and should be punished for our amusement. If someone pm's me the original post, I'll repost it and be proud of my assholery.

NotMyRealName09

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:12 pm

This happened, let it be known now and always.

PriOSkyVSX wrote:The differences in prestige among the firms and banks (perceived within each industry) tend to be smaller in law than in investment banking and consulting. For 2L's and 3L's trying to make a decision on which law firm offer to accept, do it on the basis of interests/fit rather than prestige. I found the following analysis helpful for me to better look beyond the prestige of a law firm to other important factors. I hope that this can help other 2L's and 3L's look beyond the prestige of law firms (which should only be a very small consideration if a consideration at all) as well.

Based on Vault prestige scores:
9.0+: [WLRK]; [No banks]; [No consulting firms]
8.5-9.0: [Cravath, SullCrom, Skadden]; [Goldman Sachs]; [McKinsey, BCG]
8.0-8.5: [Davis Polk]; [JPM, Blackstone]; [Bain]
7.5-8.0: [Weil, STB, Cleary, Kirkland, Latham, Covington, Gibson Dunn]; [Morgan Stanley]; [No consulting firms]
7.0-7.5: [Debevoise, Paul Weiss, Boies, Williams & Connolly, Quinn Emanuel, Sidley Austin, Jones Day, White & Case]; [No banks]; [Booz & Company]

A total of 19 investment banks have a prestige score above 5 (where Citi is at). A total of 18 consulting firms have a score above 5 (where L.E.K. is at). Among law firms, a total of 69 firms have a score above 5 (where Kaye Scholer is at).

Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:57 pm

Remember: this is useful only if you're finding it difficult to accept a V20 in Boston.

Return to “Legal Employment”