Kasowitz is calling people with offers right now and... Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
rad lulz

Platinum

Re: Kasowitz is calling people with offers right now and...

Post by rad lulz » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:31 pm

IAFG wrote:
hoos89 wrote:Question: does NALP actually have any teeth? Do they have the ability to punish firms that violate their guidelines, beyond perhaps removing them from the directory?
Totally toothless.

dixiecupdrinking

Gold

Post by dixiecupdrinking » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:43 pm

I had a vague, totally uninformed, probably irrational bad feeling about Kasowitz back in the days of OCI. So I'm going to take all of this bad press as evidence that I was right and pat myself on the back for being so perceptive.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:50 pm

dixiecupdrinking wrote:I had a vague, totally uninformed, probably irrational bad feeling about Kasowitz back in the days of OCI. So I'm going to take all of this bad press as evidence that I was right and pat myself on the back for being so perceptive.
Similar experience for me during this year's OCI. My interviewer came across as an excessively formal and pretentious douchebag.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:37 am

Everyone stay away from this TTT, unless you legitimately have no other offer. Previous posters attempting to rehabilitate the Kasowitz debacle from last week should take note that this firm is now at least in the category of Winston & Strawn (cold-offers/no offers) and potentially in an even lower abyss. At least the actual interviewing and summer recruiting process at Winston is inoffensive, even if the post-SA results were brutal in 2012.

izy223

Bronze

Post by izy223 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Everyone stay away from this TTT, unless you legitimately have no other offer. Previous posters attempting to rehabilitate the Kasowitz debacle from last week should take note that this firm is now at least in the category of Winston & Strawn (cold-offers/no offers) and potentially in an even lower abyss. At least the actual interviewing and summer recruiting process at Winston is inoffensive, even if the post-SA results were brutal in 2012.
your an idiot, this is a non story. Not saying that people should not stay away from Kasowitz, they may have reason to. But the ATL story has just said that Kasowitz has cold-offered in the past. If they cold offered a third of the class like Winstown did, ATL would have said it. Not having 100% offer rate does not mean you lathamed your summers.

User has been outed and warned for misuse of the anon feature.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Everyone stay away from this TTT, unless you legitimately have no other offer. Previous posters attempting to rehabilitate the Kasowitz debacle from last week should take note that this firm is now at least in the category of Winston & Strawn (cold-offers/no offers) and potentially in an even lower abyss. At least the actual interviewing and summer recruiting process at Winston is inoffensive, even if the post-SA results were brutal in 2012.
your an idiot, this is a non story. Not saying that people should not stay away from Kasowitz, they may have reason to. But the ATL story has just said that Kasowitz has cold-offered in the past. If they cold offered a third of the class like Winstown did, ATL would have said it. Not having 100% offer rate does not mean you lathamed your summers.
The shady thing is not that they gave no offers, but that they represented themselves as giving 100% offers. People going to Latham know what they're getting in to. People going to Kasowitz do not, and the exit options aren't the same as going to a much higher ranked firm like Latham.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone else in this thread accepted before the offers started "exploding"? Anyone accept after?

Im trying to get a grip on the damage, are we talking 25 summers instead of their normal 15-20 or just a couple more?
Mass mail while you have the chance and try to split, if not leave entirely.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:24 am

Someone from my school who accepted an offer said that the class size is in the 15-18 range right now. Or at least, that's what he was told by recruiting.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:41 pm

That is significantly smaller than previous years, esp. so if its 15 rather than 18. They have a small class anyways, but 15 is much smaller.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:35 am

I guess with this fiasco and the weak bonuses, layoffs should have been foreseeable?

http://abovethelaw.com/2014/02/nationwi ... tz-benson/

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”